Thursday 2 June 2011

The old and the new...



A quick dash to London this week for meetings and the chance to revisit some old haunts.

I was delighted to get back to JJ Fox for the first time in a while and carry out my own personal 'mystery shopper' excercise, which they passed with flying colours.

Courteous, knowledgeable staff allowed me to pick my smoke without intrusion or bluster, from where it was up to the Sampling Room for coffee, conversation and a pleasant little Hoyo Petit Robusto while watching the traffic below.

Fox's is such a lovely store, a visit there is always a treat.

Then, a dash across town to Marylebone and one of my favourite smoking dens - Number Ten Manchester Street.

I was delighted to see the inestimable Simon Chase of Hunters and Frankau there and even more pleased to hear him talk on the provenance of the evening's cigar - a Monte D from 2005. You will not find a more knowledgeable man on Havanas than the delightful Mr Chase.

I won't go into details on the smoke and it's pairing, as that's due to be aired elsewhere, but suffice to say a pleasant evening was had by all.

Summer is a great time for cigars in the UK. I'm looking forward to a good one.

Best,

Monty.





"Monty's back to his best. Maximus Herfus."






No comments:

Post a Comment

© Copyright 2011 MontyCristo.com | Web Design by MPS Creative

cigarbrandy
panamahat
Our man on Havanas

askmonty@montycristo.com