Thursday 16 June 2011

It's an exclusive - tasting the Flor de Cano Short Robustos

DING dong, as they say - what I day I had.




Plenty of fine smokes, Champagne and whisky, vintage humidors worth hundreds of thousands and the chance to smoke the most eagerly-awaited cigar for years.

Stopping off at the Casa Del Habanos in Teddington, I was delighted when Ajay Patel asked me to join him in tasting the first box of Flor de Cano Short Robustos he has received. We've got it on video and I'll post it as soon as I can.

Suffice to say, it's a cracker of a small smoke; light and creamy with real substance, it'll be unbeatable with Champagne. Lots of floral notes and a subtle swipe of caramel, it's a real beauty. Will age superbly and a great investment, IMHO.

Then I was off to Cgars Ltd to inspect the Lots for this year's auction on July 4. Oh boy, what a line up; some real stars including one special Cohiba humidor expected to fetch in excess of £150,000! Awesome, report to follow shortly.

Exciting times in the UK cigar industry!

Best,

Monty.






No comments:

Post a Comment

© Copyright 2011 MontyCristo.com | Web Design by MPS Creative

cigarbrandy
panamahat
Our man on Havanas

askmonty@montycristo.com